Sr. Network Engineer – Marlboro, MA
VERSATILE was founded in 1994, headquartered in Marlborough, MA, and is an established enterprise IT Infrastructure integrator focused on HP Networking, Storage and Servers solutions. We deliver complex, high-availability technology solutions.
As both a technology infrastructure consultancy and managed services firm, we have become the trusted advisor to some of the most successful organizations in the country. The Versatile team builds lasting relationships and delivers peace of mind.
We are looking for full-time, talented, qualified and innovative people to join our team. If you like working in a rewarding team environment and you are both self-motivated and passionate about building infrastructure solutions, we want to hear from you!
Versatile offers growth opportunities, as well as an excellent benefits package!
Assist in growing our consulting and managed services division specifically with networking expertise. We focus on HP Networking and interested in adding more expertise to grow our HP business. If you have the certifications, that’s great! If you don’t, but you have the hands on experience, we’ll pay to get you formally trained! We’re interested in someone that’s flexible, and wants to learn and grow with our engineering team.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience in designing, implementing, and supporting complex, highly available multi-protocol networks in a medium to enterprise size environment;
- Knowledgeable on the following network technologies: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, RIP, OSPF, EIGP, BGP, VRRP, HSRP, ACLs, VLANs, SNMP, IPSEC, NAT, SSH, SSL, STP, MSTP, PVST, multicast, 802.1X, RADIUS, VLANs;
- Strong knowledge in 802.11a/b/g and in wireless technologies: 802.1X, WPA/WPA2, TKIP, AES;
- Experience with VoIP, QoS, and IP Telephony technologies;
- Experience with network cable installations, i.e., CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6, Multi-Mode Fiber, Single-Mode Fiber, Patch Panels and Cable Management systems, and
- In-depth understanding of network security and access control.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to the following):
- Demonstrated experience in researching and evaluating alternative solutions to recommend the most efficient and cost-effective solution for client needs;
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and a solid understanding troubleshooting connectivity and performance issues involving firewalls, routers, switches, WLAN and network applications;
- Manage and consult on multiple large and small projects to meet business goals and objectives for both ours and the customer’s IT standards;
- Maintain a current understanding of strategic business initiatives and how they relate to corporate goals and objectives;
- Experience developing and implementing moderately complex LAN, WAN, and WLAN TCP/IP networks;
- Strong technical writing skills for project documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry, and;
- Due to the nature of the business, must be willing to be flexible, and travel up to 25%.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of 5+ years of equivalent hands-on work experience;
- IT industry certification in one or more of the following is preferred: ProCurve AIS, ASE, MASE, Cisco CCNA, CCDA, CCDP, CCIE, F5, Sonicwall, Fortinet, or Brocade/Foundry.
- Must be self-motivated and goal driven, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and problem solving skills;
- Outstanding organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills - must be able to manage multiple, simultaneous commitments;
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, status actions items, respond to changing priorities, and react to short deadlines;
- Resilience and resourcefulness when solving complex problems;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment (sometimes virtually);
- Ability to capture and document key meeting discussion topics, decisions, and actions;
- Proficiency in Microsoft MS Office products (Power Point, Word, Excel, etc), Visio, and;
- Project management skills preferred.
Qualified candidates to send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.