Lead Generation Specialist – Marlboro, MA
The Lead Generation Specialist (LGS) position is a communications position and performs tele-prospecting functions for our sales team that supports both our corporate event series and new lead development. It will utilize your professional communication, your research and interviewing skills, as well as your marketing and sales skills.
- Calling companies in the Eastern US and talks to technology professionals about their business needs and initiatives.
- Identifying the most appropriate decision maker is in the company (usually a director, VP or even C-Level) and people who influence the technology buying process (usually an IT manager, IT engineer or IT administrator) by speaking with multiple company representatives.
- Initiating a conversation with the decision maker or influencer to introduce our company, educate on the value of our company, ask many questions about their business and then decide if the company would be a good fit for us to sell to and/or attend one of our events local to them.
- Pass sales-ready leads (or good potentials), to the appropriate member of our sales team for the salesperson to take over.
- Drive audience acquisition for our corporate events and assist interested contacts in completing the registration process (and alert the appropriate salesperson about the new contact).
- Utilize the phone and email to communicate with the contacts that are in our Salesforce.com or that you acquire through our JigSaw database.
- Document the result of every call, which includes updating the database and typing clear and concise notes.
- Deliver a weekly status report of your work for each of our corporate events event and keep the sales, operations and executive team up-to-date on the current registration lists.
- Participate in a small number of meetings you’ll attend and actively participate in such as team meetings, company meetings and relevant training.
Education & Experience:
- 4 year degree in business, marketing or sales, and/or 3 years of equivalent proven success relevant to the job responsibilities is preferred.
- Completed at least one professional selling class like Miller Heiman, Dale Carnegie or other home grown sales certification that enhances selling skills preferred.
- Outbound business-to-business phone marketing or sales experience in technology preferred. Enterprise network, storage and server knowledge a plus!
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Outlook, Window and Excel as well as typing skills
- Experience working within Salesforce.com which includes knowledge of Leads, Contacts, Accounts, creating and setting tasks, logging calls, etc.
- Experience with Jigsaw is not required, but a plus!
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate corporate structures to identify decision makers and determine buying process.
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and think quickly.
- Inquisitive nature.
- Life-long learner who loves learning about anything.
- Self-reliant and reliable.
Location: Our corporate headquarters Marlboro, MA
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org